Blog

This is all the latest news on legislation, products or events within the fire and security industry. Realm Fire & Security are always looking for new products and services to offer our customers the best possible solution. We also keep up to date with all the new legislation and legal requirements that come from the governing bodies.

If you would like to know any more information about any posts below then get in contact with us and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Keeping your business fire-safe at Christmas

As an employer, your primary concern should be keeping your employees and business safe. At Christmastime this should be no different, and even though you might be winding down for the holidays, it’s important you stay aware of fire risks in your business....

read more

Fire Door Safety Week 2018

Fire doors are one of the most important safety devices in your place of work and this is why Realm Fire and Security are proud to be a supporter and participant in Fire Door Safety week 2018. Fire doors are a crucial part of the passive fire protection of every...

read more

Evacuation Chair Training with Realm

Evacuation Chair Training in Aberdeen This course covers the safe and effective use of fire evacuation chairs. After attending this training both users and operators will be able to competently use this equipment to effectively evacuate their premises in...

read more

Realm Install New System at Fly Cup

Realm recently conducted an installation of a fire an security system for local Aberdeenshire charity Fly Cup. Realm Fire and Security are always pleased to help from the initial enquiry through to installation and commissioning, which is why we were awarded the 2018...

read more

Pride of Aberdeen Awards 2016

We are delighted to announce that Realm Fire & Security have been nominated in the Pride of Aberdeen Awards 2016 in the Health & Safety category. Here is a link to the promo video for the awards and visit Pride of Aberdeen Awards for...

read more

Restaurant Customers Injured In Fire Ball

Three diners were hurt when flames spread through The Pour House, off Water Lane in the city centre, Leeds magistrates were told. It happened after vapours caught fire as a member of staff filled the ethanol-fuelled fire inside the restaurant on...

read more

Nightclub Owner and Company Fined For Fire Offences

A nightclub owner and his company have been handed massive fines totalling £173,000 after a string of fire safety offences were uncovered at premises in Lincoln and York. Inspectors were tipped off by a member of the public in 2013 about...

read more