As an employer, your ultimate goal is to ensure your employees and your business is safe. And at Christmas time, this should be no different. Even though you might be winding down for the holidays, it’s important be aware of any additional risks your team and your business may face.
What should you look out for?
There are a range of dangers we would recommend looking out for around the Christmas season:
- If you’re planning to plug in some festive lighting for the office, make sure not to overload electrical sockets. And don’t forget to unplug any lights before you go home!
- Don’t hang Christmas decorations near to lights or radiators.
- With the increased risk of fire due to additional electrical items being used, it’s more important that ever to test your fire alarm to ensure it’s in working order. This is one of the most effective ways to deal with fires in the workplace.
- Finally, make sure everyone in your business knows what to do in the case of a fire. What steps should they take when the fire alarm sounds? Which exits should they leave by? Where should they congregate?
To keep your business safe, we would recommend:
- Carrying out a fire risk assessment
- Developing and implementing appropriate fire safety measures
- Providing staff information, fire safety instruction and training
We can provide your business with all of these services, and more, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like any advice or more information.
We wish you all a merry and safe Christmas this year.